WA has just put into operation the new red light cameras that double up as speed cameras , which means you could possibly be trying to get through that amber lights before it changes and if you do get through , you could still get lumped with a speeding fine for trying not to avoid going against a red light. The new set of cameras can catch you for speeding as well as red lights. Check below the list for locations where these new cameras have been installed and DRIVE SAFE
The cameras have been brought in just before the long weekend , makes us wonder is it for the money grab or safety !!
These are the new fixed red light / speed camera locations for Perth.
LOCATION : For Red light / Speed Cameras
- CANNING HWY/RISELEY STREET APPLECROSS
- STIRLING HWY/ERIC STREET, COTTESLOE
- CANNING HWY/DOUGLAS AVE. SOUTH PERTH
- G.E.H./SHEPPERTON RD. VICTORIA PARK
- ALBANY HWY/LEACH HWAY OFF RAMP, BENTLEY
- WINTERFOLD RD/STOCK ROAD, HILTON
- WANNEROO RD/BEACH ROAD, BALGA
- LEACH HWY/BUNGAREE RD. WILSON
- BEACH RD/MIRRABOOKA AVENUE BALGA
- ROE HWY/KALAMUNDA ROAD, HIGH WYCOMBE
- HEPBURN AVE/MARMION AVENUE, PADBURY
- MORLEY DVE/ALEXANDER DVE. DIANELLA
These are the locations for the new red light speed cameras. . Even if you speed through the orange light to beat the red – if you’re speeding through these set of lights – you will get done for speeding. There is one already active and installed in front of the bell tower on Riverside Drive in the City.
Related speed cameras links ;